BlackBerry is introducing an app called Device Switch that enables you to easily switch over from a BlackBerry OS device to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone. It is also available for Android and iOS users who are switching over to BlackBerry 10
Device Switch App Makes it Fast and Easy to Switch to a BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
A new Device Switch app makes it fast and easy to switch from a BlackBerry® OS (versions 5 – 7.x) smartphone to a BlackBerry® 10 smartphone. Device Switch has been available for customers switching from an iPhone or Android™ to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, and is now available for customers with a BlackBerry OS smartphone making the jump to BlackBerry 10. The app is designed to transfer data quickly and seamlessly from a current BlackBerry OS smartphone to a new BlackBerry 10 smartphone over Wi-Fi® (you connect both phones to the same Wi-Fi network), and is available as a free download on the BlackBerry® World™ storefront.
Key features of Device Switch include:
- A fast and hassle free method for transferring data – The Device Switch app makes moving data from a BlackBerry OS smartphone to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone fast and hassle free. You don’t need to save files or set complex configurations; the app even takes care of making the Wi-Fi connections for you.
- Enjoy Your Content – You can transfer your contacts, calendar, photos, videos, notes, memos and other files/documents.
- Customization – You select the content that you want to transfer from your old BlackBerry OS smartphone to your new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Flexibility – You select the smartphone model you want to switch from. Device Switch supports BlackBerry OS 5 and above.
- Security – A secret key code (PIN) shared between devices helps to make the information transfer more secure.
- High Marks from Customers – The existing versions of Device Switch for transferring from an iPhone or Android to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone are highly rated – 4 of 5 stars on BlackBerry World.
1 thought on “BlackBerry introduces Device Switch app that lets you transfer your data over-the-air for legacy devices”
Reblogged this on Why am I like this??.