BlackBerry has just released a new update for BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) for BB10 devices, which brings new features and improvements.
The most important change is the addition of BBM Channels, allowing for real conversations between people, brands and communities.
BBM Channels has been in beta for more than half of the year and the new features have just got out of BlackBerry Beta Zone to be included in BBM for BB10 devices.
According to BlackBerry, BBM Channels will be released on Android and iOS in the coming months, along with other important improvements.
• BBM Channels is a forum for active, real conversations happening right now between people, brands and communities.
• By creating a Channel, you can start conversations sparked by your thoughts, ideas and passions.
• Subscribing to Channels lets you join conversations with others who share your interests.
Enhanced BBM Updates
• The BBM Updates feed is now richer, and more graphical. It blends personal updates, as well as Channels updates, for a rich viewing experience
• This new version also includes a number of updates to the BBM user experience
WHY USE BBM?
Chat with friends on BlackBerry, iPhone and Android.
• BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
• Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
• Share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
• See when contacts are responding to your message
• Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
BBM lets you protect your privacy. You control it:
• You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private, and you always control who can contact you
• You chose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
• BBM Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists, and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
• Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
• Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
Create your own BBM profile:
• Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
• Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel