Recently I have travel to Cambodia on a site seeing mission for the UNESCO heritage, I and 2 friends we stay for 5 days in Siem Reap, both my friends have an I-phone and I brought along my Nikon DSLR and my trusty BlackBerry Z10. Believe me I was amaze after this trip on how great my phone is compare to others, especially when taking photos, the BlackBerry function that allows you to press anywhere on the screen to snap a photo allow me the flexibility to snap pictures when i have one hand full either holding my bags, or trying to balance on the rocky ruins of Angkor Watt and Bayon, my friends I phone do not allow them this flexibility as it is difficult to hold on one hand and try to reach the dedicated button on the screen on the other end.
I was surprise i took over 1000 plus of photo on my Z10, where my Nikon have over 400 plus, both my friends only manage to snap up to 300 plus photos, many photos that i took are with one hand, either a quick snap or trying to balance myself on the long way climb up the steep stairs of the ruins temples. I also took photo from my boat with one hand holding my bag and the other pressing my Z10 outside the boat to snaps photos. It shows BlackBerry phone are not just good for work but it also have a balance for leisure.
BlackBerry Z10 Camera stabilization works amazingly well, and my shots captured the details of the carvings and statues. The only down side is the battery life but with a single battery it can last me one full day of just picture snapping, I brought with me 3 spare batteries but rarely need to swap them much. Overall it was an enjoyable trip and my friends are impressed with my Z10, they even say they did not know BlackBerry have such high end phones.
With BlackBerry Story Maker, i have combined my Cambodia trip into a movie that I share with my friends, they admit that my Z10 camera is far more clearer compare to their phones. The video that i took have excellent qualities and i believe BlackBerry have design their phones based on practical usage and not just for decorative purpose. My trip was booked thru BlackBerry Travel and the app practically help me to keep track of my bookings, timings etc. What a wonderful app, it even tracks my airline booking that i book outside my BlackBerry Travel app.
I am sure that i will be using my Z10 to snap more photos in the future. Hopefully with more new updates BlackBerry can build in more features to the camera and that way i wont need my bulky DSLR for my travel.
Camera applications are certainly all the rage these days on all mobile platforms. Typic+ brings us a rather nice port for BlackBerry 10 option which isn’t just about adding filters, but text as well and as you’ll see from the video there are a ton of tweaks and alterations you can make. If you enjoy taking photos with your BlackBerry you won’t want to miss this one.
With the ability to add text to your photos in addition to adding filters, funky designs and frames, each of the aforementioned have there own customization, therefore making Typic+ a lot more complex than you may initially think.
- 35 AMAZING FONTS (49 more with In App Purchase) to express yourself through typography.
- 36 TRENDY DESIGN ELEMENTS (48 more with In App Purchase) that will make your photos very unique.
- Change size, color, add shadow and opacity for each element, and move them around using the control arrows!
- 21 COOL FRAMES with corner control.
- A 21 color palette that you can apply to fonts and design elements.
- Play around with the colors that better suit your designs!
- A button at the top to change between captions, so you can write two different captions using two different fonts. Switching between captions to modify each caption is easy with a single touch!
- Choose the best filter and effect for your photos.
- Share your photos on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!
- Email it to your friends or save it on your device!
InstaVenue for BlackBerry 10 has to be one of the greatest native applications for the best way to share a photograph but with a location based overlay.
There are five different skin categories with the app – each containing various options for how your location and information you want to share looks like.
- New “Foodies” skins set categories (10 skins). You asked for it! You get it!
- Added 1 skin to CrackBerry skins set. (Keep Calm skin)
- Double tap on skins to quickly enter custom text.
- Join and access InstaVenue BBM Channel feed by tapping the lower right button.
BlackBerry has added a very cool ‘Lock Focus’ feature to the native camera app. Long pressing the white focus square will lock the focus for you. Allowing you to move your device around naturally without the camera struggling to refocus against different backgrounds. Great for macro shots, This feature is already released into 10.2.0.1767.
BlackBerry have indicated that they will bring a bunch of camera features to BB10 such as Panorama, 60fps video capture, low light, and even Face Focus modes.