A new update for the Facebook for BlackBerry 10 app has been pushed today to BlackBerry World. This release changes the default order of the Newsfeed from “Top Stories” to “Most Recent,” which will display any posts in chronological order. Users will still be able to sort the Newsfeed in whatever preference they chose though from the gear icon next to NewsFeed.
This update also contains various bug fixes, so if you haven’t already been prompted to update, check the link below and see if it’s gotten to your device already.
Facebook have now release some updates to improve your BlackBerry experience lets look at what is available for v10.3.0.2:-
– Tag friends in Status Posts and Comments
– Delete or hide posts on your own timeline
– “New Stories” active link in the Newsfeed
– Enhanced caching, so you can access all content
downloaded prior to going offline, when offline
– Screen Reader Accessibility Support (for buttons, jewels,
Facebook has been updated to version 188.8.131.52 and brings along a much needed update with some new features. This one rolled through the Beta Zone with good results and brings along the long-awaited Share feature for posts as well as the ability to update profile and cover photos.
– Share updates from your friends or pages on your wall, on your friend’s wall or in a group
Set cover and profile photos using photos stored on your smartphone
– Right to left language support for Arabic and Hebrew
– Unlike a Page
– Improved photo loading performance in the News Feed
– Notifications now display icons and new notifications are color marked
The Wall Street journal have reported that Executives for BlackBerry reportedly flew to California last week to meet with Facebook over potential bid talks. Although, it’s unclear if Facebook is receptive of placing a bid for BlackBerry.
Facebook had long been rumored to be building its own smartphone.
Facebook v10.2.2 makes it easier than ever to express yourself and stay connected while on the go.
The new Facebook app (v 10.2.2) for BlackBerry 10 smartphones includes:
•Share updates from your friends or pages on your wall, on a friend’s wall, in a group, in a list, or in a message.
•Do more with chat: Add a friend to a group chat, and see when your chat messages have been read.
•Preview links before you share them to your timeline.
•View videos and use the Facebook app in landscape mode.
•Delete status updates and other posts from within the Facebook app.