BBRY4U wishes everyone a very Happy New Year, may everyone have a wonderful year ahead. Cheers
Tag Archives: Z10
BlackBerry Passport Launching in Malaysia
Dave Hopkinson, Powered by BlackBerry [Extended Interview]
As Chief Commercial Officer for Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Dave Hopkinson presides over the sales, ticketing and marketing of all four of the company’s teams and venues, making it one of the largest and most diverse sports entertainment portfolios in the industry.
We had a chance to catch up with Dave and talk to him about his leadership methodologies and why he chooses BlackBerry to wage business.
A BlackBerry Z10 Practical Camera usage in Cambodia
Recently I have travel to Cambodia on a site seeing mission for the UNESCO heritage, I and 2 friends we stay for 5 days in Siem Reap, both my friends have an I-phone and I brought along my Nikon DSLR and my trusty BlackBerry Z10. Believe me I was amaze after this trip on how great my phone is compare to others, especially when taking photos, the BlackBerry function that allows you to press anywhere on the screen to snap a photo allow me the flexibility to snap pictures when i have one hand full either holding my bags, or trying to balance on the rocky ruins of Angkor Watt and Bayon, my friends I phone do not allow them this flexibility as it is difficult to hold on one hand and try to reach the dedicated button on the screen on the other end.
I was surprise i took over 1000 plus of photo on my Z10, where my Nikon have over 400 plus, both my friends only manage to snap up to 300 plus photos, many photos that i took are with one hand, either a quick snap or trying to balance myself on the long way climb up the steep stairs of the ruins temples. I also took photo from my boat with one hand holding my bag and the other pressing my Z10 outside the boat to snaps photos. It shows BlackBerry phone are not just good for work but it also have a balance for leisure.
BlackBerry Z10 Camera stabilization works amazingly well, and my shots captured the details of the carvings and statues. The only down side is the battery life but with a single battery it can last me one full day of just picture snapping, I brought with me 3 spare batteries but rarely need to swap them much. Overall it was an enjoyable trip and my friends are impressed with my Z10, they even say they did not know BlackBerry have such high end phones.
With BlackBerry Story Maker, i have combined my Cambodia trip into a movie that I share with my friends, they admit that my Z10 camera is far more clearer compare to their phones. The video that i took have excellent qualities and i believe BlackBerry have design their phones based on practical usage and not just for decorative purpose. My trip was booked thru BlackBerry Travel and the app practically help me to keep track of my bookings, timings etc. What a wonderful app, it even tracks my airline booking that i book outside my BlackBerry Travel app.
I am sure that i will be using my Z10 to snap more photos in the future. Hopefully with more new updates BlackBerry can build in more features to the camera and that way i wont need my bulky DSLR for my travel.
BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.2141 Rolling Out From Rogers
Canadian powerhouse carrier, Rogers Wireless, is rolling out an updated 10.2.1 OS for its customers. The new update, 10.2.1.2102, is making its way to Z-series owners first it seems. No word on the Q10 getting the update as of yet.
The software update installs OS 10.2.1.2141, which had actually already leaked to public two weeks ago today.
We’re assuming this is going to be the OS that the next wave of updates rolls out with, so there may be more carriers jumping on board with this one in the coming days.
News Release: New BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 Lets You Do More, More Easily
BlackBerry Limited, a global leader in mobile communications, recently announced BlackBerry® 10 OS version 10.2.1, a new software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that lets you do more, more easily, and helps you be more productive and stay better connected. BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements that will make the things you do every day faster and easier. Subject to carrier approvals, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 will be available to customers around the world, rolling out starting 28th January 2014 in the U.S., Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10 (including the Porsche Design P’9982).
January 29, 2014
New BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 Lets You Do More, More Easily
Update includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements and is rolling out to customers through carriers around the world.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced BlackBerry® 10 OS version 10.2.1, a new software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that lets you do more, more easily, and helps you be more productive and stay better connected.
BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements that will make the things you do every day faster and easier:
- Customize Pinch Gesture to Filter BlackBerry® Hub – BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your messages and notifications in one place. A new feature lets you instantly filter the message list in the Hub. You can customize the Hub to show only Unread Messages, Flagged Messages, Draft Messages, Meeting Invites, Sent Messages or Level 1 Alerts. Once the filter criterion is set, you can simply activate it with a pinch gesture on the Hub’s message list.
- Simplified Phone Experience – The phone includes a new incoming call screen that lets you swipe to the left to answer or swipe right to ignore a call. New intuitive icons allow you to instantly silence the call, or send a Reply Now response through BBM™, SMS or email that you can’t answer the phone right away. You can choose from a list of standard automated responses or respond with a personalized note.
- SMS and Email Groups – You can now create SMS and email groups for more efficient broadcast communications.
- Actionable Lock Screen Notifications – You can now “Tap to open” a message that appears on the lock screen, letting you respond to an important message much quicker or to check messages more discreetly.
- Picture Password for Quick Unlocking – You can quickly unlock your phone using a combination of a picture and a number (0-9) of your choice, which you place at a particular point on the image. When you try to unlock the phone, the picture will appear along with a grid of random numbers. To unlock, simply drag the grid so the number you selected overlays the particular point on the image.
- Customizable Quick Settings Menu – You can now customize what appears on the Settings menu, which includes features such as being able to quickly change the Brightness of the smartphone’s display, toggle various network connections, and access the built-in flashlight. The Settings menu also includes a toggle that lets you instantly switch between your Personal and Work perimeter.
- Offline Browser Reading Mode – You can now save the current web page you’re on for later viewing, even if you are offline or without an Internet connection.
- Preferred Contact Sync – You can now choose the sync source for your Contacts ensuring you always have the most up-to-date contact details. When adding a new contact you can designate which sources you want the contact info to sync with, such as the corporate address book, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
- Device and Battery Monitor – A new and improved device monitor provides you with essential details on battery usage, the impact of installed apps on battery life and memory usage and storage, as well as CPU stats.
- Automatic Software Updates – OS updates can be set to happen automatically over a Wi-Fi® connection to help ensure you’re always benefiting from the latest and best possible customer experience.
- Enterprise Features – When combined with BES10 version 10.2, enterprise customers will gain additional security features and IT policies for when more granular controls are required, such as for regulated industries and for organizations that work with sensitive data. For more information about BES10, please visit www.bes10.com.
- FM Radio – If you have a BlackBerry® Z30, BlackBerry® Q10 or BlackBerry® Q5 smartphone, the new software update unlocks the built-in FM radio in those handsets. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.
Subject to carrier approvals, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 will be available to customers around the world, rolling out starting today in the U.S., Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10 (including the Porsche Design P’9982).
For more information about BlackBerry 10, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberry10OS.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.blackberry.com.
BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 Media Preview at Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
UPDATE: BlackBerry have corrected that the FM Radio support will not be available for Z10 devices due to hardware compatibility but will be available for all other BB10 devices
BlackBerry in a media event at Kuala Lumpur today have shown us some features that we can expect that will come to BlackBerry 10 phones thru the OS 10.2.1 update that will most likely will be rolling out by end of this month.
Mr Koay Seng Tian the Country Product Manager of South East Asia have demoed some of the features to the media. Some of the OS 10.2.1 new features are as below:-
Picture Password Login
- This will be an added level of security to the existing device password where user can choose a picture they like and set a number as their password, where to login the user will match his/her prefer number to the section of the image that they have set.
- A small cosmetic improvement where the charging thunderbolt is now located next to the battery icon instead of inside it for easier viewing.
Option to answer messages in the lock screen
- This feature allows user to not just preview the incoming message but to also answer or respond to it by tapping on the message to response.
Customizable message ring tone
- OS10.2.1 allows user to set custom ring tones for their emails, BBM, SMS, Whatsapp etc. With this function user can preset certain ring tones for personal or for company use or for that special someone with a special ring tone.
Changes to emails
Do you always feel that reading your email message is difficult even thought you have a big phone because those message seems kind of small? well with 10.2.1 you are now able to pinch to zoom to read your email messages.
In the previous version of BB10 OS some users have complain the difficulty in highlighting a text for copy and paste purpose, this have been solved in 10.2.1 where users can press the Shift key on the keyboard and select the text they want by using the circle target to select the desired text.
Pinch to sort allows user to sort they emails in the Hub by pinch and sort your emails as you want it.
OS 10.2.1 also allows user to move from one email to the next without leaving the reading screen or go back to the hub/email to select the next email by pressing the next key icon.
BlackBerry have improve the deletion of the emails where now you can select to delete emails in your phones the default or delete the email from your server as well.
Also built in the 10.2.1 is the ability to allow user to download message while roaming and can readit later and can help to save on roaming cost.
- A new feature is found in contacts where user can now create a contact group.
- With current on the go mobile browsing and the increase of information sometimes bookmarking or remembering the website that we have not finish reading is becoming a hassle, BlackBerry have now allow you the option to download your website and view it offline on the go.
- OS10.2.1 also brings some good news on the FM portion where according to Mr Koay, all BlackBerry 10 devices (except for Z10) will get FM support and user can listen to their favourite FM radios using their handsfree.
New Call Screen
- BlackBerry have release a new call screen that allows user to swipe to left to answer and swipe right to reject call instead of the old way where user swipe down to answer and swipe up to reject. During the demo it was also shown during incoming all user can use the special function call “Reply Now” to send a predefine message o the caller. That is great if I am in a meeting and a not so urgent call come in, instead of ignoring it or reject it straight i can now choose to send a message to the caller to let him know im busy and will call him back.
- Ever wanted to customize your drop down quick settings? well now in OS 10.2.1 you are able to customize it to your liking and it even come with a default flast light app that turns on your camera flash to act as a flash light.
- There is improvement where now you can go to the device management/ app monitor and view the battery graph and charts of usage by your device and apps, that will allow you to close off apps that consume alot of battery.
New Langguage support
- BB10 now support Japanese langguage
Auto OS update
- Perhaps the most needed feature for BB10 devices is the ability of auto update your phone OS. This feature allows your phone to prompt you when there is an update available and allows you to update it thru wifi connections, it will also paused if the
wifi connection is unavailale and continue when it detects wifi again.
Support of Android applications
- Well this is the much awaited feature for BB10 users, now instead of the BlackBerry world apps that you can download you can also now install Android apps via APK files where you can download from many android apps website. We will be sharing the list later on. This is great news as with this update BlackBerry have greatly improved the apps gap that it is facing.
DATEV commit to BES10 and over 1000 BlackBerry 10 devices
BlackBerry announced today that DATEV, a software company and leading IT service provider in Europe for tax advisors, auditors and lawyers, has selected BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) as its Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution. DATEV, a long-standing BlackBerry customer, has also started the roll out of more than 1,000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
DUSSELDORF, GERMANY and WATERLOO, CANADA – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that DATEV, a software company and leading IT service provider in Europe for tax advisors, auditors and lawyers, has selected BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) as its Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution. DATEV, a long-standing BlackBerry customer, has also started the roll out of more than 1,000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
“On a daily basis, our employees use their mobile devices to conduct confidential business, and require a reliable smartphone that can secure the transmission of business data across every endpoint, including the device, server and network,” explains Wolfgang Fischer, group leader ICT systems and mobile at DATEV. “With BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BES10, we have the best end-to-end solution in terms of usability, security and cost efficiency. Thanks to BlackBerry, our staff can access internal resources and other shared information on the go, without us having to worry about data loss.”
Founded in 1966, DATEV has become one of the largest information providers and software companies in Europe. It provides companies, municipalities, associations and institutions with accounting, personnel management, business consulting and taxation, enterprise resource planning (ERP), IT security as well as organization and planning services. BES10 provides DATEV a complete end-to-end solution that allows employees to securely access corporate data from their smartphones. In addition, BlackBerry 10 smartphones’ built-in BlackBerry(R) Balance(TM) technology separates and secures corporate data from personal e-mail, apps and documents, eliminating the risk of inadvertent data leakage, while providing end users with a rich consumer experience.
“Customers recognize the value that BES10 brings to their mobility needs with its industry-leading security, usability and cost efficiency. For DATEV, the combination of BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BES10 gives them the ideal combination for a flexible mobile computing environment that meets both corporate and end user requirements,” said Markus C. Muller, Managing Director for Germany at BlackBerry.
BES10 is an integrated, multi-platform solution that secures and manages BlackBerry, iOS(R) and Android(TM) devices focusing on security, usability and cost efficiency to meet an organization’s mobility needs. To date, more than 30,000 BES10 commercial and test servers have been installed by customers around the world. For more information, visit http://blackberry.com/bes10facts.
John Chen drops “Interim CEO title” and goes with CEO of BlackBerry instead
It seems BlackBerry board is happy with Mr John Chen performance and have decided to drop his interim title and appointing him as the CEO of BlackBerry. Adam Emery, a spokesman for the company, confirmed the title change and said that this week during at International CES, the large electronics trade show in Las Vegas, Mr. Chen promised to stay on at BlackBerry, which lost $4.4 billion in its last quarter.
“After earnings, and again in meetings with media and analysts at C.E.S., John said that he would be BlackBerry’s C.E.O. until the company is back on solid financial footing,” Mr. Emery wrote. “The search for a CEO has been put on the back burner for now.”
Using BlackBerry Z10 NFC to unlock Samsung Ezon SHS-2320 Digital door lock
BBRY4U shows you how you can use your BlackBerry Z10 or any BB10 phone that have NFC to unlock Samsung Digital Door lock, in this demo we are unlocking the Samsung Ezon SHS-2320 but it should work with other NFC lock as well.