BBRY4U wishes everyone a very Happy New Year, may everyone have a wonderful year ahead. Cheers
As Chief Commercial Officer for Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Dave Hopkinson presides over the sales, ticketing and marketing of all four of the company’s teams and venues, making it one of the largest and most diverse sports entertainment portfolios in the industry.
We had a chance to catch up with Dave and talk to him about his leadership methodologies and why he chooses BlackBerry to wage business.
Dave Hopkinson is the CCO at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment and due to that job, he’s a busy fellow with needs for a device with a long lasting battery. In his case, that would be a BlackBerry Z30. A new BlackBerry ad featuring him has now landed on the official BlackBerry YouTube page and this time around, it’s featuring the kinda new for a video ad slogan “Powered by BlackBerry”.
Considering these days any time anyone sticks their name on an endorsement, people go looking for which device they seem to use on a daily basis for whatever reason (Hi Ellen!) I’ll spare everyone the trouble. Dave has been a consistently using a BlackBerry device for at least the past 360-ish days now, he is using BlackBerry Z30 together with his iPhone and an iPad and seems to be working out pretty well.
Canadian powerhouse carrier, Rogers Wireless, is rolling out an updated 10.2.1 OS for its customers. The new update, 10.2.1.2102, is making its way to Z-series owners first it seems. No word on the Q10 getting the update as of yet.
The software update installs OS 10.2.1.2141, which had actually already leaked to public two weeks ago today.
We’re assuming this is going to be the OS that the next wave of updates rolls out with, so there may be more carriers jumping on board with this one in the coming days.
A very nice posting in N4BB :Dan Nessel, the founder of DadDoes.com is a big iPhone fan, who can’t imagine a day without an iPhone. However, Dan decided to take the BlackBerry Gets It Done 7 day challenge by replacing his iPhone 5 with a BlackBerry Z30.
To his surprise, he begins liking the BlackBerry Z30 more than the iPhone 5. Dan was very impressed with the 5-inch display, the huge battery life, BlackBerry Hub, and touch screen software keyboard which are just few of the features he really enjoyed.
The ONLY negative point he found in the platform was lack of apps but hey, we now have Android apps injection which unfortunately Dan couldn’t play around with. Furthermore, Dan explained that when it comes to things like E-mail, messaging, making calls, and web browsing, he preferred using the BlackBerry Z30 over his iPhone 5 90% of the time.
Check out Dan’s progression towards dropping the iPhone in favor for the BlackBerry Z30 in the video above.
BlackBerry Limited, a global leader in mobile communications, recently announced BlackBerry® 10 OS version 10.2.1, a new software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that lets you do more, more easily, and helps you be more productive and stay better connected. BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements that will make the things you do every day faster and easier. Subject to carrier approvals, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 will be available to customers around the world, rolling out starting 28th January 2014 in the U.S., Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10 (including the Porsche Design P’9982).
January 29, 2014
New BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 Lets You Do More, More Easily
Update includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements and is rolling out to customers through carriers around the world.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced BlackBerry® 10 OS version 10.2.1, a new software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that lets you do more, more easily, and helps you be more productive and stay better connected.
BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements that will make the things you do every day faster and easier:
- Customize Pinch Gesture to Filter BlackBerry® Hub – BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your messages and notifications in one place. A new feature lets you instantly filter the message list in the Hub. You can customize the Hub to show only Unread Messages, Flagged Messages, Draft Messages, Meeting Invites, Sent Messages or Level 1 Alerts. Once the filter criterion is set, you can simply activate it with a pinch gesture on the Hub’s message list.
- Simplified Phone Experience – The phone includes a new incoming call screen that lets you swipe to the left to answer or swipe right to ignore a call. New intuitive icons allow you to instantly silence the call, or send a Reply Now response through BBM™, SMS or email that you can’t answer the phone right away. You can choose from a list of standard automated responses or respond with a personalized note.
- SMS and Email Groups – You can now create SMS and email groups for more efficient broadcast communications.
- Actionable Lock Screen Notifications – You can now “Tap to open” a message that appears on the lock screen, letting you respond to an important message much quicker or to check messages more discreetly.
- Picture Password for Quick Unlocking – You can quickly unlock your phone using a combination of a picture and a number (0-9) of your choice, which you place at a particular point on the image. When you try to unlock the phone, the picture will appear along with a grid of random numbers. To unlock, simply drag the grid so the number you selected overlays the particular point on the image.
- Customizable Quick Settings Menu – You can now customize what appears on the Settings menu, which includes features such as being able to quickly change the Brightness of the smartphone’s display, toggle various network connections, and access the built-in flashlight. The Settings menu also includes a toggle that lets you instantly switch between your Personal and Work perimeter.
- Offline Browser Reading Mode – You can now save the current web page you’re on for later viewing, even if you are offline or without an Internet connection.
- Preferred Contact Sync – You can now choose the sync source for your Contacts ensuring you always have the most up-to-date contact details. When adding a new contact you can designate which sources you want the contact info to sync with, such as the corporate address book, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
- Device and Battery Monitor – A new and improved device monitor provides you with essential details on battery usage, the impact of installed apps on battery life and memory usage and storage, as well as CPU stats.
- Automatic Software Updates – OS updates can be set to happen automatically over a Wi-Fi® connection to help ensure you’re always benefiting from the latest and best possible customer experience.
- Enterprise Features – When combined with BES10 version 10.2, enterprise customers will gain additional security features and IT policies for when more granular controls are required, such as for regulated industries and for organizations that work with sensitive data. For more information about BES10, please visit www.bes10.com.
- FM Radio – If you have a BlackBerry® Z30, BlackBerry® Q10 or BlackBerry® Q5 smartphone, the new software update unlocks the built-in FM radio in those handsets. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.
Subject to carrier approvals, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 will be available to customers around the world, rolling out starting today in the U.S., Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10 (including the Porsche Design P’9982).
For more information about BlackBerry 10, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberry10OS.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.blackberry.com.